Current Job Openings
IT Healthcare Consultant
Location- South Carolina
Duration- 12 months
Rate- $70 max
*MUST BE US CITIZEN OR A GREEN CARD HOLDER*
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
This project is focused on the replacement of the State’s Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS). The project requires major transformation of culture, processes and technology. This project also supports the Department’s transition from primarily a fee-for-service payer of claims towards a program and policy driver for health outcomes primarily through managed care programs.
This position will primarily support the Accounting and Finance project by providing expertise in business analytics and draw from experience in previous financial SAP implementations.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Replacement MMIS Business Analyst will work with the Project Director and the Lead Project Manager and will support the various Project Management teams to ensure the claim solutions are coordinated with the Accounting and Finance solution. This position will serve as the Product Owner for the Accounting project for RMMIS leadership.
This analyst will also provide leadership expertise in the following areas for the RMMIS team:
• Risk Management
• Issue Management
• Change Management
With multiple implementations, this position is key to ensure these processes are centralized for RMMIS, tracked weekly and well organized.
These project management processes are created and maintained by the SCDHHS PMO.
• Serve as primary product owner for the Accounting and Finance project, ensuring project meets the goals and objectives of the business owner, the agency Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
• Coordinate related business transformation activities needed with the CFO and other key staff
• Coordinate project tasks and activities with the project manager
• Provide project scheduling support as needed
• Monitor, coordinate and resolve to conclusion cross-project integrations and dependencies which include RMMIS solution implementations and SCDHHS enterprise architecture considerations
• Build positive relationships with clients and proactively address specific needs
• Participate in financial and claims business design sessions within assigned modules and work streams
• Advocate and lead business analysis in support of the Accounting and Finance project and its related impacts to the ASO, PBA, DASO and MCO payments
• Serve as primary risk manager for RMMIS program
• Issue management
• Change management
• Ensure RMMIS is adhering to PMO standards and governance around project processes
• Provide updates on status and issues for all assignments
• Participate in scheduled operational meetings and routine team leads meetings
• Lead cross-functional meetings and produce business designs that integrate functionality across modules
• Facilitate sessions to effectively resolve issues if any.
• Provide recommendations of appropriate resources if necessary to ensure assignments are completed within given time and budget.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• At least five years’ experience in State Medicaid payer system integration and delivery
• At least five years of experience in major SAP financial implementations
• Five years of experience in risk management for large IT implementations
• Experience with inner workings of cross functional projects
• Familiarity with standard MMIS data structures, electronic data interchange, processes and related file formats.
• Interest, skill and ability to innovate including business processes, methods/procedures, and technology.
• Ability to effectively work and communicate, in both oral and written, with all levels of the Agency from frontline workers to Executive Staff as well as the Contractor(s).
• Impeccable integrity. This project will have very high visibility and will impact significant expenditures of public funds. Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
• Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Healthcare IT
• Integrations with Medicaid or other Government operations
• Project management
• Knowledge of Federal Certification requirements and processes is preferable.
Bachelor Degree, preferred
Location- Bay Area, Ca
*MUST BE US CITIZEN OR A GREEN CARD HOLDER*
Stack is in Python/Django, with a front end written in a mixture of Backbone and React, supported with PostgreSQL and Lucene/Solr. Developers are organized into a network of small teams with embedded product managers, designers, and front-end specialists focused on specific functional areas. Deep automated testing, code review, and iterative improvement.
Looking for candidates who work comfortably in an agile environment and with collaborators who are distributed across multiple timezones and treat automated tests as essential, and believe code reviews are a crucial.
2 years of experience with at least one publicly released software application.
Fluency with Django and Python
Familiarity with any combination of tox/py.test/Mocha for automated tests, and a passion for test-driven development
Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and building or maintaining APIs with django-rest-framework.
Familiarity with continuous integration tools, and working in a rapid release cycle
Ability to sit and use a computer keyboard for up to 3 hours at a time
Ability to talk on the telephone frequently and for extended periods of time
Ability to speak, read, and write in English